About Ease of doing business
Ease of doing business in Manipur aims to create a platform for providing best support towards the prospective and existing business community in the state and drives forward the state's vision of prosperity for all - by employing technology, innovation, inclusivity and sustainability as key factors for development. It provides objective measures of business regulations.
Ease of Doing Business in Manipur encourages economies to compete towards more efficient regulation; it looks at domestic small and medium-size companies and measures the regulations applying to them through their life cycle. Government of Manipur is there to guide and help you set up your Industry in the State of Manipur.
The Single Window Clearance System was formed as a consequence to 'Manipur Ease of doing Business Act 2016' to provide necessary time bound license, permissions and sanctions for the establishment of industry in the State of Manipur.
Single Window Clearance System
The Single Window Clearance System Portal is a single window facilitation mechanism for investors. The portal is a medium of information for investors on Government policies, incentive schemes and the availability of infrastructure. It provides manuals to help investors understand the application process for proposed investment projects. The portal will also facilitate different stakeholder departments to process applications by investors and approve them online. It also aims to build a centralized repository of sector-wise investments in the State and Government policies, and ultimately to deliver to investors a high-quality and responsive service.
- Centralized system to monitor applications with the minimum paperwork
- Single window for interaction between investors and Government departments
- Accessibility of the portal from across the globe
- Simplified application process for investors to make it user-friendly, cutting the time for processing the application
- Increased departmental ownership through file-tracking
- System to check the status of applications by State authorities and investors
- Handholding support to the investor fraternity across all districts in the State
The system will facilitate registration for users interested in Manipur, enabling them to collect information regarding facilities, infrastructure availability, and the sector-wise permissions required etc.
Upon registration, an investor will have a personalized account with the following features:
- All the alerts and intimations will be available to the investor in their portal inbox
- Each investor can make applications for new projects through their account
- The list of projects committed by the investor till date will be displayed in the personalized account
- The system will provide numerous project details such as the description, infrastructural requirements, investment, employment, application forms
- Investors will be able to make online applications relating to each project through the portal for land, water and power, for instance
- Information dissemination to investors about queries with regard to infrastructure facilities, Government policies and incentive schemes
- Online tracking of application status and issues